Monday, December 28, 2009

Opie and Anthony Short Film Festival



I’ve been a fan of the Opie and Anthony radio show since I was in high school and they were on 102.7 WNEW in NYC. Since that time they have moved around from station to station and even to new platforms (satellite radio) but I have remained a faithful fan.

Back in mid 2008 O&A hosted a Short Film festival for their fans to participate in. The stipulation was that you had to utilize audio from their show and create an original animation/ short film to go along with it. The show would choose the 25 best pieces and showcase them at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City.

I created and entered an animation (Vos’s IQ 2008) based on audio with the hosts of the show making fun of one of their frequent guests (and friends) about how low his IQ is. The friend whose IQ is in question is comedian, Rich Vos (Comedy Central, HBO).

One cool thing I like about this animation is that that audio comes from a 20-25 minute block that I edited down to make a nice smooth moving 2-minute piece. There was a lot of stuff in between all the good lines that needed to be trimmed…I think it worked well because most people just think it’s a solid 2 minute clip from the show. This animation also marks the first time the Trah process of animation was created and utilized…a process that all current Trah Animations are now created with.

I was very happy to be accepted into the festival, they only chose 25 short films and hundreds were submitted. An added bonus was having Opie and Anthony talk about the animation live on their show.

I posted my animation below and the radio audio with them speaking about it. Please enjoy.


Vos’s IQ (2008)


Trah Film on Opie and Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment